WHAT IS THE THINKERSHIELD?
The ThinkerShield for Arduino makes it easy for you to start programming, inventing and controlling things with your computer in minutes. No need for any wiring, soldering or programming knowledge. Watch this 30 second video to see what it’s all about.
It has a fantastic array of onboard components to make it easy for you to get on with making things flash, buzz, switch, sense and respond. When you are ready to go further, you can use the ThinkerShield’s eight external connectors to connect to the world.
- GND (0 volts)
- Vcc(+5 volts)
- push button a simple momentary switch
- external digital pin connections (D6, D5, D4, D2) for connecting additional components (+5 volts)
- detachable buzzer jumper pull it off to silence the buzzer
- piezo buzzer for making sound and music
- potentiometer a controllable variable resistor
- light dependent resistor for sensing light
- external analog pin connections (A0, A1, A2, A3) for connecting additional sensors (+5 volts)
- reset button press to reset and rerun the currently loaded program
- external power socket (on Arduino board) to power board when not connected to a computer
- 6 green light-emitting diodes (LEDs) for making light
(on Arduino board) to connect to your computer
THE THINKERSHIELD ALL-IN-ONE CODING KIT
Everything you need to get on with it
The kit includes everything you need to complete 18 physical computing projects, including a night light and dimmer, electronic dice, LED magic sign, buzzing light metre and a digital spoon piano.